Sin Dios, ni Patria, ni Amo
These words of graffiti are written on the apartment building where some of our immigrant friends and families from Africa are living in a neighborhood near our home in southern
Please pray that we will be able to help our immigrant friends “experience God, a sense of their home country, and love” here in southern
African Experience in Yegua Verde
Yegua Verde (Spanish for “the Green Mare”) is a small community in the middle of many greenhouses. Many immigrants live here and work in the greenhouses. Recently we were invited to a new friend’s home in this area for a meal. It was an incredible day. We arrived with vegetables and drinks, and Tiffne began helping the women prepare the meal of cheb-o-gin (Wolof for “rice and fish.”) While the meal was cooking we watched a video and looked at pictures of a beautiful Senegalese wedding. The children also enjoyed seeing the sheep that was tied up in the yard. During the day there were about 15 people from
- Please pray for Megan as she finishes first grade – her second year in school here in
. She will have a dance recital at the end of school also. Please begin to pray for her new teacher next year. Spain
- Please pray for us as we prepare to travel to the states this summer for medical stuff. It is possible that Cade, Dylan, and Tiffne might each need small surgeries. We will also all have various medical appointments and check ups. Please pray that our medical situations will be able to wait for care in the
United Statesand not need sooner treatment here in . Pray that the follow up after our surgeries will be straight forward and easy to accomplish. Spain
- Please pray for our friends from
Africa, that during the lean months of summer they will have enough to eat and would also begin to understand the “Bread of Life” that will satisfy the hunger of their souls.
mi casa es tu casa project description:
mi casa es tu casa
Account #: 89834
click “Banana Boat Blog”
Being an immigrant, migrant worker, or refugee in a new land can be lonely, depressing, and often times just plain scary. Through our work in the Almería province of southern
- Provide a safe, immigrant friendly site for groups to meet, study, and fellowship together.
- Create an easily accessible food and clothing distribution site that will allow us to track and follow-up with those that we minister.
- Establish a place that would facilitate congregational mission involvement by providing a readily available place to house volunteer teams who will work in the ministries of this center and with our other projects through the missional church programs.
- Pray…Pray for the peoples who make dangerous journeys along the migration routes from Africa to
- Give…Support the work of CBF field personnel by giving to the Offering for Global Missions or specifically to this project. Send donations to: Cooperative Baptist Fellowship,
, Resource Center P.O. Box 101699, Atlanta, GA 30392. If giving specifically to this project, be certain to include this project’s account number in the memo line. (project # 89834)
- Serve…Join this ministry by sharing it with others and by participating in mission service.
Love from the Whitleys in southern